July 22 – 26, 2019
For all ages through high school. Open to all levels.*
*minimum one year of study
Registration & Fees
- Early Registration: Deadline May 17 | $320
- Final Registration: Deadline July 10 | $350
- Sibling Discount: $50/sibling
- Private Instruction
- Master Classes
- Rehearsal & Performance with Group Ensemble
- Theory-in-Action Courses
- Music Electives
- Daily Faculty Recitals
- Lunch & Snack Daily
Audition recordings are only required should the registrant wish to:
- Audition for section leader position in group ensemble
Recorded Auditions: Must be a video recording. Can be in submitted via email or YouTube. If you choose to submit your video on YouTube, please make sure to designate your video as “unlisted” or “public.” Send the exact link by email, and include your name, and instrument in the Subject line. All recorded auditions are due by Tuesday, July 12.
- 2 – 3 minute excerpt of one solo work.
- Auditions may be with or without accompaniment.
Video Recording Guidelines:
- Record in a well-lit room.
- Be sure to listen to your recording to ensure that we can hear you.
- Frame the camera to the upper half of your body so we can easily see your technique.
- Look nice! Treat this like any performance – no t-shirts, jeans, etc.
Camp students are instructed and led by the excellent faculty of Academy for the Arts. Our highly-skilled teachers create an atmosphere of nurture and expectation in which students pursue excellence in their artistic crafts, developing mature, and disciplined character.
General Daily Schedule
|8:30 - 9:00 AM||Check In|
|9:00 - 9:30 AM||Welcome & Group Activity|
|9:30 - 11:30 AM||Ensemble Rehearsals & Theory-in-Action Courses|
|11:30 AM - 12:00 PM||Master Classes|
|12:00 - 12:45 PM||Lunch|
|1:00 - 2:30 PM||Music Electives, Private Lessons, & Sectionals|
|2:30 - 3:30 PM||Ensemble Rehearsals|
|3:30 - 4:00 PM||Faculty Recitals|